Monday, April 6, 2009

Whole Wheat Rolls

My mother found this recipe on Everyday Food Storage and was raving about it. I had the chance to try it while I was visiting her and agree with her, they are really good. I got the recipe from her yesterday and tried them myself. They came together really well and tasted really good. My mother always doubles the recipe and gets a cookie sheet full of rolls.

1 1/4 cup warm water
1 Tbs Yeast
1/4 cup honey or 1/3 cup sugar
2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
1 tsp salt
2 Tbs nonfat dry milk
1 Tbs butter or margerine or oil

Start the yeast then mix in other ingredients. Knead for 10 minutes. Transfer to oiled bowl and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled. Punch the dough and shape into 2-3 in balls (push the dough through a ring made by your thumb and index finger to get a uniform ball). Allow rolls to rise.

Bake at 375 for 20 minutes (my rolls took less than 15)

No comments: