Monday, March 30, 2009

Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup

I've been relishing my mother's cooking while staying in Utah and I'm taking the opprotunity to post some of her yummy recipes so I don't have to bug her for the recipes when I get home. This recipe is super yummy!

1 lb Italian Sausage (like Jimmy Dean, if using lowfat sausage add italian seasoning)
1 Onion, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/4 precooked bacon (just as good without it)
2 cups potatos, peeled and diced
Enough water to cover potatoes 1/2 inch
3 Chicken Bullion Cubes
Pepper to taste
One Bunch of Kale
1/2 cup Heavy Cream (mom uses about a cup of fat free half and half)

Brown sausage and garlic and onion. Remove from pan. Add potatoes and cover with water. Add bullion cubes. Boil until tender. Add sausage mixture back to the pot. Add pepper and heavy cream. Heat through and then remove from heat. Add chopped kale and serve.

No comments: