Saturday, January 10, 2009

Favorite Salmon Cakes

My kids love salmon cakes! Here's a quick and easy recipe.

Favorite Salmon Cakes

Ingredients
* 1 can salmon
* 1 to 1 1/2 cups stuffing (I use Pepperidge Farms cornbread stuffing--or whatever is on sale! Except Stovetop. Not such a fan of that one. Too salty.)
* 1 egg
* 1/2 cup milk (may need more . . .)
* 1 tsp dill
* 1 tsp parsley

Directions

1. Dump salmon into bowl and pick out bones and skin. (This step sounds icky but it's actually really easy). Mix in all other ingredients.

2. Heat skillet or griddle over medium low heat. You can fry these in olive oil or butter, but I don't like fried things so I just spray my pan with nonstick spray.

3. Form little cakes out of salmon mixture and cook like pancakes: a few minutes on one side (until they are golden brown) then flip and do a few minutes on the other! Serve with ketchup or barbecue sauce. You can even use them in place of burgers!

No comments: