I got this recipe from allrecipes.com but made a few modifications. It was a yummy, mellow soup. Just right for a winter evening!
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 1/4 cup diced onion
* 1/2 cup diced celery
* 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 28 ounces all natural vegetable broth
* 6 ears frozen corn--cooked with the niblets cut off
* 1/2 cup chopped carrot
* 1 can evaporated milk
* 3/4 cup skim milk
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 pinch salt
* a few dashes of red pepper sauce (like Tabasco or Cholula)
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onions, celery, and carrots in butter 3 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook 6 minutes more, until light brown. Whisk in broth and simmer 10 minutes.
2. Stir in corn,evaporated, milk, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Simmer over low heat 10 minutes more.