Friday, May 2, 2008

Cheese Ball

This is another recipe from my mother-in-law. It is surprisingly simple and very very yummy. You can easily make a small ball for yourself to munch on or make it bigger to take to a party.

1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
2 tsp minced garlic (eyeball to taste; I use jarred garlic)
3-4 green onions, diced (I use my kitchen scissors)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans, my mother-in-law uses sliced almonds)

Mix the first three ingredients together well. Form into ball and roll in nuts to cover entire surface of ball. Double or tripple according to the crowd.

Diced red pepper makes a nice addition during the holidays (get it--red and green)

*My measurements on the garlic, green onions, and nuts are guesses. I just eyeball it to get a pretty good amount throughout the ball and to completely cover it with nuts.

No comments: