Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chandra's Hawaiian Haystacks

This is my best friend's mother's recipe. It's super easy and makes a great use for leftovers and can be quite filling.

2 cups shredded chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup water
Cooked rice

Toppings: broken almonds, cheddar cheese, chow mein noodles, diced celery, diced tomatoes, pinapple chunks, raisins, shredded coconut, soy sauce, etc.

Mix chicken, soup, broth and water over medium heat.

Pour over individual servings of rice. Top with desired toppings.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Mmm... I love hawaiian haystacks! I love that it is so simple. Josh and I threw in Coconut milk instead of water once as an experiment and it was Yummy!

Sarah said...

I've taken to cooking the chicken (2-3 chicken breasts) in a crockpot along with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup chicken broth, and 1 cup coconut milk. Before eating, I pull the chicken out and shred it then return it to the pot.